No fooling around these are seriously good! Soft centers of fudge like dark chocolate with a burst of salt, on my! I need to eat one while I write this. It is a chocolate lovers dream cookie. That is probably why I made it! HAHA! I am a self diagnoses chocoholic and the only way to remedy the problem is to indulge in decadent chocolate creations. Even if you are not a chocoholic these are superb! Enjoy every bite and don't worry there are more chocolate recipes to come!
Yields 12 cookies
Time: 20-25 minutes
5 tablespoons unsalted butter - soft
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips -melted
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt dark chocolate over a double boiler. If not microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, repeat, mix with a spatula, and then 15 seconds. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Then add the heavy cream, mix, and let it sit.
3. Cream together the soft/room temperature butter and sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
4. Add the 2 eggs, melted chocolate (fudge) mixture, and vanilla extract, mix until the yolks break.
5. Add the flour and sea salt. Mix until the batter comes together. It will be very wet. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop even amounts of cookie dough, and slightly press them down. Add extra sea salt on top if you would like. I did because I like it extra salty to contrast the bitter chocolate!
7. Bake in the oven for 11-12 minutes.
Let them cool and then transfer to a cookie rack. ENJOY!