I am about to be really cheesy right now! You will literally go bananas for this breakfast bundt cake. I am a big fan of banana bread, but sometimes the loaf version with walnuts gets a bit boring. This recipe on the other hand is most definitely not. Think of a moist bundt cake mixed with a coffee cake mixed with a banana bread. That is what this is! I know you really want a slice right about now. Hurry into the kitchen and make this delicious banana bundt walnut cake.
Yields 8 servings
Time 45 -60 minutes
3 ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/3 cup cane sugar
A pinch of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the baking rack in the middle of the oven. Grease the bundt cake with butter and flour. Place aside.
2. Mash the 3 ripe bananas in a bowl with a fork.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together 4 tablespoons of butter and the cane sugar. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
4. Add the eggs, applesauce, bananas, and vanilla extract and mix until the yolks break.
5. In a separate bowl add the flour, salt, and 1 tablespoons of cinnamon. While the mixer is on low add the dry mixture and mix well to combine the batter.
6. In a separate small bowl, add the nuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, and the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Coat the walnuts well.
7. Pour half the batter in the greased bundt pan, then evenly distribute the nut mixture. Carefully add the remaining batter. It is a bit difficult to spread but just make sure it is an even layer.
8. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the center is cooked. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes. Flip the bundt cake from the pan onto a cooling rack and cool until ready to serve. To keep the cake for a few days place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.