Not only are these just so adorable, but they are beyond practical. Think about this, you get up early, maybe you have kids to get ready for school, or you have to make it to a meeting first thing, or you are up bright and early to get in a work out, whatever the situation you are not making breakfast first thing in the morning. Thats when you grab and go! We all have those mornings and sometimes we leave the house without eating breakfast, which we know is a terrible way to start the day. Breakfast is essential for a productive day. Also a fun health fact, those that eat a nourishing and balanced breakfast to stimulate the metabolism eat less throughout the day than those who skip breakfast. The message is... DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST!
Make these granola cups and make plenty so that they last for weeks. There is no need to make them every few days. Set aside some time either on the weekend for an hour or 2, get yourself a few muffin tins or borrow some from friends, family, or neighbors and make a bunch.
Yields 6 servings
Time: 2 hours
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 teaspoons chia seeds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the muffin tins.
2. Melt the coconut oil and honey in a microwave safe bowl.
3. In a large bowl mix together the remaining the ingredients and then pour in the melted coconut oil and honey. Mix. Spread the granola on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
5. Once the granola has baked you need to work quickly and carefully because it is hot. Add about 1/2 cup of the granola in each muffin tin and carefully press it down and up to fit the mold of the tin. Once you have done this place it in the fridge so that it sets. This takes about 1-2 hours.
6. Carefully remove the granola cups and fill with Greek yogurt and berries!