A rainy morning like today is one you stay in bed cozy with a coffee or tea and these deliciously baked spiced donuts. They are moist, filled with warm fall spices and much better for you than fried donuts.
For a lot of people donuts are their indulge weekend a treat and I understand why. Warm and filled with pockets of air they fill your mouth with this delightful flavor. My comfort go to usually aren't donuts but this morning called for them. As I am writing this post I am still lounging in bed thoroughly enjoying one!
Yields 6 servings of 1 donut
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup +3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 large egg
1/4 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter- melted and cooled
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Cinnamon Spice Sugar Coating:
1/4 cup cane sugar
Repeat all the same measurements for the spices.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the donut tray.
2. In a small bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl add all the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to incorporate.
4. Evenly pour the batter in each donut mold. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before flipping them out of the pan.
6. While still warm coat the donuts with the cinnamon spiced sugar mixture.