In the morning it is nice to have a warm straight out of the oven breakfast. These are the perfect fall muffins. They are super quick and only need one bowl, plus you can't beat the pumpkin and spices. They are moist and delicious. If you can't tell I am a fan of these! Muffins are a great individual size portioned morning flavored bread. Sometime we don't know how much to slice for a serving of bread or how much a serving in general is for us. Muffins take out the guess work of this for you. It's just a grab and go. Or if it is the weekend it is a grab and relax with a coffee or tea. For the holidays if you have guests coming to stay with you these also make a great breakfast.
2 ripe bananas- smashed
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
4 tablespoons unsalted butter -melted and cooled
1 large egg
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
A pinch of Salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 + 1 tablespoon raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the muffin tin or use muffin paper liners.
2. In a bowl mix together the pumpkin, smashed banana, sugars, and spices.
3. Next add the melted butter, egg, and flour. mix well with a spatula.
4. Fold in the pecans and raw pepitas reserving the 1 tablespoon for garnish.
5. Fill the muffin tin 2/3rds full and garnish with the pepitas.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-21 minutes until the center is cooked through.
Remove and allow to cool.
Serve and enjoy!